With 10.45% of the retail marketshare in the US, Amazon is one of the largest online marketplaces there is. If you are an online seller, you might think you are losing out if you do not feature your items on Amazon. Before you jump to list your items on Amazon, I compiled some pros and cons to help make your decision:
- Huge customer base: Amazon has millions of active customers, which means you have the potential to reach a large audience.
- Easy to use: Amazon provides a user-friendly interface and tools for sellers to manage their accounts, listings, and orders.
- Trusted brand: Amazon is a well-known and reputable brand, which can help build trust with customers.
- High competition: There may be many other sellers offering similar products, which can make it harder to stand out and attract customers.
- Fees: Amazon charges fees for selling on their platform, which can eat into your profit margins.
- Limited control: Amazon has strict rules and policies that sellers must follow, and they can suspend or terminate accounts for violating them.
Ultimately, whether or not Amazon is the best place to sell for your business depends on your specific circumstances. It's important to weigh the pros and cons and do your research before deciding where to sell your products. It also helps to partner with an implementation specialist like NetDeposited that can help manage your inventory setup and help decide if you should manage your inventory in or out of Quickbooks Online. Reach out to us today!